CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Update

Just a quick post about the weekend.

I am getting excited for thanksgiving break and seeing family and stuff. I have had a good amount of time off of work now and am going to be able to use it to actually go home. Plans are to see Lor's family first in Kingman and then head to KC for my family. It will be fun and filling as I'm sure we will get lots of food. Hopefully we can see some friends somewhere along the way.

This weekend we were just kinda lazy. It was fun. We did manage to do some research and test drove a couple of cars. It takes a long time to do that when the sales people talk a lot. We are looking at something a little bigger (SUV-type) so that we can have room to travel from here to the mountains to home with the dogs and other large objects (i.e. skis).

We started with Toyota because we have friends with the 4Runner who just love it, so we wanted to look at that. While we were there we wanted to look at the Highlander also. Both of the cars we liked. I think if we had to decide right now, we would go with the Highlander because of a bunch of little things; things like having a third row seat, and the fact that it gets better gas mileage.

Other than our trip to Toyota, we just hung out with friends and played with the puppies, who can never get enough attention. I am excited this week for all the sports stuff that is on (KU basketball Monday and Tuesday), so I will probably be busy watching that. I'm sure we will have more posts after thanksgiving, but since we will be out of town we will probably not do one between Wednesday and Sunday. But who knows. TTFN (tatafornow).

Puppy Picture:

2 comments:

Jake said...

Perdi looks awesome! I hope Pongo is adjusting OK to not having all of the attention. I'm jealous that you guys have not 1, but 2 dogs now.

As for the car situation, I think you guys should get a 4Runner. People who drive 4Runners are smart, good looking, have good taste, and are just plain awesome. Did I mention I bought a 4Runner a few weeks back??? Hope to see you guys this weekend.

Jake

Laura said...

Jake, the one thing you would appreciate about Perdi is that she actually sleeps in the car instead of panting. :)

Well if you have a 4Runner, we will definintely have to be cool and get the Highlander. We'll put you in the little third row seat when you ride with us.