Skip to main content

Hold, Please

As you all know, Matt and I spent the previous weekend in Rhode Island on vacation. We had an amazing time and I am working on a full long blog with pictures for you. I figured that since it has been a week since my last post, I would do a short one in the mean time.
I thought it would be awesome to come back to a 3 day week after a fantastic weekend. However, I got to the office yesterday morning with an inbox full of emails and the news that I will be travelling to Dayton for a week to train some folks in our main headquarters. I am excited at the chance to do some business travelling (in 2 weeks!) but slightly overwhelmed at the thought of training people with more experience than I have, as well as other events happening in life right now.
On a much MUCH more positive note, we are getting ready for Alissa’s third visit. I will pick her up from the airport tomorrow after work and I couldn’t be more excited! We are going to try to do a little camping this weekend, but if that doesn’t work out, (campsites are hard to reserve nowadays) we have plenty of other options to fall back on. I’m hoping that at the very least, we can go for a hike or just spend time up in the mountains. Summer is here for sure…it’s hot and dry (but at least not humid) during the day in Denver. It was pretty warm in New England too, so a mountain getaway sounds like the perfect thing to do this weekend.
Luckily, it cools off nicely at night in the city and I can still get some good running in. Last night I ran after dark because I didn’t get home from kickball until 8:45. I thought I would be out of shape after taking almost a week off, but I felt great and kept a nice pace. It was breezy and I could see lightning flashing off in the distance around me. I can’t explain enough about what running does for my sanity. Yesterday, I was so distracted with a million things going through my mind all day. After my run last night and a decent amount of sleep, I feel so much better today. For those of you who have problems sleeping, I would highly recommend a daily jog if you have the time. : ) It really clears the mind and gets you physically tired as well.
And one last bit of news...Matt has been given an official date for starting on the day shift. Drum roll please.....



October 5!



It is so nice to finally have the day in black and white. I can handle the next two months just fine, now that I know the end is in sight. A celebration is in the works...
I think that’s about all I have for now. Hopefully the New England post will be up tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...

June Recap in Photos

June was a busy month around here! I managed to snap a few photos here and there. That's better than I have been doing this month. *I apologize in advance for the spacing of the photos as captions here. Does anyone have any tips for better photo settings in Blogger?? At the very end of May, we drove to Manhattan for my brother's high school graduation. I can't believe he is a college student now!! He will be attending K-State this fall. I guess you could consider us a house divided, except for the fact that I am the only one in my immediate family who ventured out down the road to KU! :) The first weekend of June, Bill and Barbara came out for a visit on their way down to Santa Fe. We took them for a hike near Clear Creek. There has been so much snowfall and rain this year and Clear Creek was gushing water. I had never seen it moving so fast. My friend Liz has been bring out my inner artist. She discovered a place downtown called Sipping and Painting, where they literally w...