Skip to main content

Dream State

I have been having fantastically realistic dreams (nightmares?) lately. There seems to be no end to them. Last week, I dreamed that I climbed up the stairs of a water tower-like structure. When I got to the top, the stairs had magically disappeared and I was suddenly crazy scared of heights, which has never been an issue for me before. I woke up just as I was starting to really panic in my dream and it took me about 30 minutes to calm down.
Yesterday, I took a nap when I got home from work. I was dreaming that I was home alone with the dogs and the doorbell rang. A guy was standing on my front porch talking on his cell phone with his back to me. I somehow knew that he was going to violently attack me and at the same time that the front door suddenly disappeared. Then I woke up.
Last night I had another nightmare as well, but I can’t remember it well enough to retell. The most vivid part occurred in the middle of the night and was lost on me by morning. Anyhow, I am not really sure what is bringing all of these crazy dreams on. I have not made any significant changes to my lifestyle, other than running a lot more, but I have been doing that for a couple months now. The nightmares are a recent thing.
Speaking of sleep, Matt and I will be super tired this afternoon. He is working a bonus shift and had to be at work at 6 am. He got home last night at 10:45 and we stayed up for a while after that. I needed to bank some work hours of my own for next weekend (we are going to Iowa for a wedding) and so I got up with Matt so that I could just get work done early and have the rest of the day for whatever pleases us. I think we are planning on napping, running, dog park, dinner and a movie. That’s a pretty full day including work, so we’ll see if all of that really happens.
Pongo went to work with me today, for which I am thankful. It is pretty creepy there alone, even in the morning daylight. Poor Perdi stayed home alone in her kennel. I just can’t bring her into work yet. She won’t lay down long enough for me to be productive. Pongo rested peacefully under my desk for 6 hours. He is SO good and such a great companion to have at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...

June Recap in Photos

June was a busy month around here! I managed to snap a few photos here and there. That's better than I have been doing this month. *I apologize in advance for the spacing of the photos as captions here. Does anyone have any tips for better photo settings in Blogger?? At the very end of May, we drove to Manhattan for my brother's high school graduation. I can't believe he is a college student now!! He will be attending K-State this fall. I guess you could consider us a house divided, except for the fact that I am the only one in my immediate family who ventured out down the road to KU! :) The first weekend of June, Bill and Barbara came out for a visit on their way down to Santa Fe. We took them for a hike near Clear Creek. There has been so much snowfall and rain this year and Clear Creek was gushing water. I had never seen it moving so fast. My friend Liz has been bring out my inner artist. She discovered a place downtown called Sipping and Painting, where they literally w...