Skip to main content

Spay Day


What an awful title, I know. It was about all I could think of. Poor Perdi had her surgery today. She is fine and curled up in my lap as I write this. I know she is still under a little bit of anesthesia, but her cuddliness is so welcome. It's like she's saying "Hold me mommy. I hurt."
Perdi whined all the way home from the vet. I don't think it was from pain, i think it was because she missed Pongo and just wanted to be home and away from such a scary situation.

Perdi had a "band aid" from the IV. I thought it looked cute, but she just wanted it off, so I obliged after a few photos.


Can you spot the incision? There is a lot of iodine on her body, but the actual cut is so small because we opted for a laproscopic procedure. It is only an inch long at most. It also blends in with all her beagle spots!










Here is the trooper right after we got home!








Matt took Perdi to the vet a little after 7 am. He left Pongo out as a test to see if his separation anxiety is any better now. The answer is no. He scratched up the door to the garage. Nothing a little stain can't handle...

Comments

Alissa said…
Perdie is so big now!! I'm glad everything went well.
Stephanie said…
It's normal for a dog to whine after surgery. I remember going into the vet clinic, when my mom worked there, on Surgery day and all you could hear was crying from dogs and cats coming out of the Anesthetic. It's so sad but it's only because they don't know whats going on.

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

Millards meet Mallards

We've had some neighborhood visitors recently. This Mallard duck couple has made our yard its home for about a week now. They showed up right before our camping trip and have been around ever since! We can't find a nest but they seem to like prefer our yard, none the less. Maybe it has something to do with the name? My hope is that they really do have a nest nearby and one day I will wake up to little ducklings wandering around our yard!

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...