Skip to main content

A Hike, Kansas Style

Here are some of the pictures from our latest trip back to Kansas.


A view of the plaza from atop the Intercontinental Hotel. (That was where the wedding and Sunday brunch were held.)


Ahhh Kansas City, we miss you!

Sunday evening's hike on the Konza Prairie with my family.
My camera is horrible at night, but I thought this picture of my mom was cool.

The brother and I.


Posing with my husband. I LOVE THIS PICTURE.


I still love the view as much as any out here in Colorado.



Yikes, a HUGE wolf spider! I almost stepped on it.

Crossing the bridge, no more than three people at a time as the signs warned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...

June Recap in Photos

June was a busy month around here! I managed to snap a few photos here and there. That's better than I have been doing this month. *I apologize in advance for the spacing of the photos as captions here. Does anyone have any tips for better photo settings in Blogger?? At the very end of May, we drove to Manhattan for my brother's high school graduation. I can't believe he is a college student now!! He will be attending K-State this fall. I guess you could consider us a house divided, except for the fact that I am the only one in my immediate family who ventured out down the road to KU! :) The first weekend of June, Bill and Barbara came out for a visit on their way down to Santa Fe. We took them for a hike near Clear Creek. There has been so much snowfall and rain this year and Clear Creek was gushing water. I had never seen it moving so fast. My friend Liz has been bring out my inner artist. She discovered a place downtown called Sipping and Painting, where they literally w...