Skip to main content

A Week Late

As promised, I am posting pictures from our camping trip with Jake. I realize i am about a week late with these, but our recent outing with Nick and Carlene motivated me to get these up. I didn't get any pictures from this weekend, but we had a great time as usual. My favorite part of our camping trips is driving through the mountains. Matt and I always try to take the scenic route home so that we can take in the view longer.
Okay, that's all. Enjoy the pictures!

The clouds were so low, they covered the tops of the nearby mountains.
This river was pretty cool. There were plants and trees growing on the rocks in the middle. And it was flowing pretty fast due to all of the rain. My mom would have like it there a lot.
Pongo was scared of the noise of the water. We were on a bridge, so you can't blame the little guy.

Our new tent! Jake got to break it in for us on this trip.

It was cold, so we put Pongo's sweater on him and he made himself at home in a chair in front of the fire. I really think he believes he is a person too. We treat him that way, so it's our fault!
Matt and Jake finished off the rest of the fajitas! I caught Jake mid-bite. :)
Jake in my pink chair. I think it suits him well!
He found a big boulder to climb....
and climbed it! Pongo jumped up too...it was amazing!
This is where we camped...

It was a lot of fun, despite the rain and cold. We had some rain and hail this past weekend at Cold Springs. It was a pretty interesting and loud experience to be in a tent during hail! Don't worry, the ice turned to slush as soon as it hit the tent. We could have taken cover in my car as well.

This week, the excitement at work is that our CEO is visiting the Denver branch of Woolpert. And then, Alissa comes to town on Friday! We're glad she's going to spend her last ever Labor Day Weekend (in college) with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colorado Craft Beer Week

Matt and I decided to join some of our favorite local breweries yesterday at a craft beer festival to help kick off Colorado Craft Beer Week. It's no secret that craft beer is a huge part of the Colorado economy. Everybody just does it so well out here. It was nice to go to a smaller festival than the Great American Beer Festival where there are too many breweries to even get to every booth. Yesterday's festival felt more like a back yard barbecue. I even got to meet the hosts of the Craft Beer Radio show on AM760. There is a picture of me with Turk and the "Gubna" below. In addition to some good beer sampling, our tickets also included a meal of either beer can chicken roasted for hours on the grill (my choice) or a spicy brat (Matt's choice). The chicken was amazing. I even let Matt try some. :) I also had some fun and took some pictures at the light rail. (We were responsible and walked/rode the train to and from the event.) What a fun day! Even better was c...

General Post

Yep, that's the most creative title I could come up with today. There really is no theme to this post so I guess it's fitting. I feel like I always talk about the same things anyway. I am in a major posting rut with new stuff to say. Anyway, here goes... I can’t believe it’s November already! The Christmas decorations are going up and it’s getting colder, yet I have not seen or heard any songs or commercials via TV/radio. Perhaps this is because I don’t watch nearly as much TV as I used to and I listen to talk radio almost all day. I read a lot at night for fun. I am going to miss that if/when I start school again. I still haven’t heard anything, but it’s only been 5 days since the application due date. I hope I can finish the Twilight series before then. I am on book 2 of 4 and can’t put them down! I’m sure many of you know what I am talking about. I am anxiously and selfishly awaiting the upcoming weekend. It’s going to be a Matt/Laura weekend unless we get any invitations fr...

June Recap in Photos

June was a busy month around here! I managed to snap a few photos here and there. That's better than I have been doing this month. *I apologize in advance for the spacing of the photos as captions here. Does anyone have any tips for better photo settings in Blogger?? At the very end of May, we drove to Manhattan for my brother's high school graduation. I can't believe he is a college student now!! He will be attending K-State this fall. I guess you could consider us a house divided, except for the fact that I am the only one in my immediate family who ventured out down the road to KU! :) The first weekend of June, Bill and Barbara came out for a visit on their way down to Santa Fe. We took them for a hike near Clear Creek. There has been so much snowfall and rain this year and Clear Creek was gushing water. I had never seen it moving so fast. My friend Liz has been bring out my inner artist. She discovered a place downtown called Sipping and Painting, where they literally w...